WASHINGTON COUNTY, Virginia - A Washington County, Virginia man faces several felony charges after a rape investigation.
Sheriff Fred Newman said they arrested Hursel Harold Elkins, Jr. and charged him with rape and taking indecent liberties with a child.
Newman said Elkins is accused of committing these sexual offenses against one victim between 2009 and 2012. "We had a complaint from the victim in regards to the allegations, we began investigating based on statements the victim gave," he explained.
Elkins is scheduled to be in court for a bond hearing on Thursday.
- New Another step in the $50 million BVU - Sunset deal
- Heavy machinery stolen in Washington County, Tenn.
- Man convicted in massive crack cocaine conspiracy in northeast Tennessee
- Updated Details released on capture of one escaped inmate from Hawkins County
- Updated Authorities search for violent, dangerous escaped inmate