WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - The Washington County, Virginia Sheriff's Office made an arrest in connection with a robbery.
Sheriff Fred Newman says 24-year-old Scott Crawford, of Abingdon, was arrested Tuesday. Deputies believe Crawford robbed Angie's Wholesale Tobacco on Porterfield Highway on November 15, 2013.
The clerk told deputies Crawford had been in the store earlier that day, and later returned.
Crawford is accused of reaching across the counter and taking money from the cash register. He is now charged with robbery.
He's being held in the Southwest Virginia Regional Jail in Abingdon without bond.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin