WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - The Washington County, Virginia Sheriff's Office made an arrest in connection with a robbery.
Sheriff Fred Newman says 24-year-old Scott Crawford, of Abingdon, was arrested Tuesday. Deputies believe Crawford robbed Angie's Wholesale Tobacco on Porterfield Highway on November 15, 2013.
The clerk told deputies Crawford had been in the store earlier that day, and later returned.
Crawford is accused of reaching across the counter and taking money from the cash register. He is now charged with robbery.
He's being held in the Southwest Virginia Regional Jail in Abingdon without bond.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect