WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - A man is facing charges after holding deputies at bay for more than three hours in Washington County, Tennessee.
Chad Michael Propst was arrested Tuesday at a home on Garland Road.
The victim told deputies Propst assaulted her and then pulled out a shotgun threatening to kill her and himself.
Deputies say he also made threats to kill anyone that tried to come into the house. Officers say he refused to come out of the house for over three hours.
Propst is now charged with attempted second degree murder along with drug possesion and firearms charges.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone