WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - A man is facing charges after holding deputies at bay for more than three hours in Washington County, Tennessee.
Chad Michael Propst was arrested Tuesday at a home on Garland Road.
The victim told deputies Propst assaulted her and then pulled out a shotgun threatening to kill her and himself.
Deputies say he also made threats to kill anyone that tried to come into the house. Officers say he refused to come out of the house for over three hours.
Propst is now charged with attempted second degree murder along with drug possesion and firearms charges.
- Updated Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- New Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction
- Jury is out in first-degree murder case of Johnson City man
- Volunteer firefighters responded to RV fire in Bluff City
- Two men charged in the fatal shooting of Zaevion Dobson