WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - A man is facing charges after holding deputies at bay for more than three hours in Washington County, Tennessee.
Chad Michael Propst was arrested Tuesday at a home on Garland Road.
The victim told deputies Propst assaulted her and then pulled out a shotgun threatening to kill her and himself.
Deputies say he also made threats to kill anyone that tried to come into the house. Officers say he refused to come out of the house for over three hours.
Propst is now charged with attempted second degree murder along with drug possesion and firearms charges.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities