WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - Two local deputies have been honored by the southwest Virginia of Mothers Against Drunk Driving, or MADD, for their efforts detecting, arresting and convicting drunk drivers.
Washington County, Virginia deputies Lance Campbell and Lucas Shelley made 20 DWI arrests last year.
Sheriff Fred Newman says the department's goal is to make highways as safe as possible by aggressively enforcing drunk driving laws.
- Updated Police investigation into Newport News suspect ends in Smyth County
- Greene County teen admits to murder
- Updated Public sessions begin Monday regarding MSHA/Wellmont merger
- Updated Hot summer weather ruins crops in the region, benefits others
- Police identify person of interest in old General Mills building fire