GLADE SPRING, Va. - A local school started the day with an abundance of security and extra safety steps.
The principal at Patrick Henry High School sent a letter to parents on Thursday after staff found vandalism and references to Friday's date but he said there was no threat.
The building was searched Thursday night and Friday morning, extra law enforcement officers were on hand Friday.
Students were also asked only bring items necessary for class and not to bring any book bags or gym bags with them on Friday.
A reward is being offered to find the vandal.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction