WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - A local food bank gets a big boost to help accomplish its mission of helping people in need.
First Franklin Financial donated more than $37,000 to Second Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Tennessee.
The money will be used to help provide food assistance to elderly people and families in the eight-county area of northeast Tennessee.
The food bank director says the money comes at the perfect time because donations are typically down this time of year.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities