WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - A local food bank gets a big boost to help accomplish its mission of helping people in need.
First Franklin Financial donated more than $37,000 to Second Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Tennessee.
The money will be used to help provide food assistance to elderly people and families in the eight-county area of northeast Tennessee.
The food bank director says the money comes at the perfect time because donations are typically down this time of year.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect