JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - The 41st annual National Storytelling Festival kicks off Friday night in Jonesborough.
An estimated 100,000 to 12,000 thousand visitors are expected to be at this year's event.
The festival celebrates diverse cultural heritage and exhibits, including more than just stories.
The National Storytelling Festival officially starts Friday night at 7:30 p.m. We're told tickets to the opening act are still available.
For more information and a full lineup of events, visit storytellingcenter.net/festival.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting