JONESBOROUGH, TENN. - Jonesborough is turning purple to help raise awareness in the fight against cancer.
The town is getting ready for a day of games, food and music.
Jonesborough is putting purple out all through the town leading up to the Relay for Life event.
Carrie Kilpatrick manages a local restaurant. "The owner of this facility is a cancer survivor." said Kilpatrick. "Both of my parents had cancer, they were not survivors, so yes, cancer touches everyone."
The Relay for Life event will take place July 26th from Noon until Midnight.
- Updated Umpire at Little League World Series is from Abindgon
- Updated Take a two-day train excursion through West Virginia
- Updated Workforce development grant providing students training opportunities
- Local kids get an educational tour of the Appalachian Fair
- Lee County man sentenced to 13 years for sexual assault against minor