JONESBOROUGH, TENN. - Jonesborough drivers can expect delays and detours over the weekend thanks to a busy construction zone.
Construction will alter traffic at the "five points area" at the intersection of Highway 81 and 353.
A new traffic circle roundabout is being constructed.
T-Dot issued a traffic alert notifying drivers to expect possible delays and to use extreme caution when traveling through the work zone.
Highway 81 will be closed from Depot Street to Britt Drive from 6 PM Friday until 6 AM Monday.
T-Dot says the project should be completed by late May.
- Updated Greene County teen admits to murdering father
- Updated Authorities continue investigation into old General Mills building fire
- Cyber security customer call center has grand opening in Wise
- Expelled state lawmaker escorted from UT football game
- Public sessions begin Monday regarding MSHA/Wellmont merger