JONESBOROUGH, TENN. - Jonesborough drivers can expect delays and detours over the weekend thanks to a busy construction zone.
Construction will alter traffic at the "five points area" at the intersection of Highway 81 and 353.
A new traffic circle roundabout is being constructed.
T-Dot issued a traffic alert notifying drivers to expect possible delays and to use extreme caution when traveling through the work zone.
Highway 81 will be closed from Depot Street to Britt Drive from 6 PM Friday until 6 AM Monday.
T-Dot says the project should be completed by late May.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin