JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - An investigation into child sex abuse leaves a Jonesborough man facing charges.
The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office tells WCYB they began investigating a child sex abuse case involving Phillip Adkins back in January.
We're told the case was presented to a grand jury earlier this week where Adkins was indicted on six counts of statutory rape by an authority figure and three counts of incest.
He is currently being held at the Sullivan County Jail.
- Updated Greene County teen admits to murdering father
- Updated Authorities continue investigation into old General Mills building fire
- Cyber security customer call center has grand opening in Wise
- Expelled state lawmaker escorted from UT football game
- Public sessions begin Monday regarding MSHA/Wellmont merger