JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - An investigation into child sex abuse leaves a Jonesborough man facing charges.
The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office tells WCYB they began investigating a child sex abuse case involving Phillip Adkins back in January.
We're told the case was presented to a grand jury earlier this week where Adkins was indicted on six counts of statutory rape by an authority figure and three counts of incest.
He is currently being held at the Sullivan County Jail.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting