WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - Interstate 26 is closed in both directions near Gray, Tennessee.
The Tennessee Department of Transportation said Summers-Taylor construction is blasting and working on the roadway.
TDOT's Mark Nagi said drivers should be alert for brief rolling roadblocks in this area to occur around 2 p.m. Wednesday for blasting associated with the construction project at Mile Marker 13.
TDOT did not say when the Interstate would reopen.
Motorists should be alert for sudden stops, slow moving or stopped conditions. reduce speed and use extreme caution when approaching this area.
- Updated U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development
- Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31
- Tennessee's Education Commissioner visits local schools
- Medical treatment of accused Volunteer Parkway shooter burdensome