WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - Interstate 26 is closed in both directions near Gray, Tennessee.
The Tennessee Department of Transportation said Summers-Taylor construction is blasting and working on the roadway.
TDOT's Mark Nagi said drivers should be alert for brief rolling roadblocks in this area to occur around 2 p.m. Wednesday for blasting associated with the construction project at Mile Marker 13.
TDOT did not say when the Interstate would reopen.
Motorists should be alert for sudden stops, slow moving or stopped conditions. reduce speed and use extreme caution when approaching this area.
- Updated Southwest Virginia man dies after being hit by car
- Hawkins EMS remains only service during feasibility study
- College students voice opinions on presidential debate
- Bristol, Tenn. household divided over presidential election
- Sale of the old mill property still planning to go through after fire