JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - An investigation is underway after a man being held in the Washington County, Tennessee Detention Center dies.
Sheriff Ed Graybeal says 39-year-old Jay William Davis, Junior, of Jonesborough, died this afternoon.
Graybeal says Davis was being held on domestic assault charges.
We're told, at this time, no foul play is suspected.
The investigation is now in the hands of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.
- Updated Man convicted in massive crack cocaine conspiracy in northeast Tennessee
- Updated One escaped inmate from Hawkins County captured
- Authorities search for violent, dangerous escaped inmate
- Shop sells shirts to raise $40K for fallen officer's family
- Case of Greene Co. man accused in shooting sent to grand jury