JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - $500,000 is headed to the oldest town in Tennessee.
State Representative Matthew Hill, of Jonesborough, says that money, authorized by Governor Bill Haslam, will help purchase and renovate the Jackson Theatre.
Representative Hill says the theatre is an integral part of downtown Jonesborough and the money will go a long way toward renovating the historic
piece of the community.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin