JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - $500,000 is headed to the oldest town in Tennessee.
State Representative Matthew Hill, of Jonesborough, says that money, authorized by Governor Bill Haslam, will help purchase and renovate the Jackson Theatre.
Representative Hill says the theatre is an integral part of downtown Jonesborough and the money will go a long way toward renovating the historic
piece of the community.
- Sale of the old mill property still planning to go through after fire
- Greene County teen admits to murdering father
- Authorities continue investigation into old General Mills building fire
- Cyber security customer call center has grand opening in Wise
- Expelled state lawmaker escorted from UT football game