DAMASCUS, Va. - There is growing support for a former police officer looking to keep his old partner, a narcotic police dog named Emmy.
The Damascus town council voted to sell Emmy and is accepting bids. The minimum bid is $3,000.
You may remember, her handler, Justin Miller, resigned at the Damascus Police Department and is raising money in hopes of keeping Emmy. As of 7:00 p.m. Thursday, Miller has raised $3,900 to buy Emmy.
We're told the bid will be open for 30 to 60 days.
For a link to the account click here to visit the website.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone