GRAY, Tenn. - Over 100 Girl Scouts were at the Gray Fossil Site Sunday to celebrate Earth Day.
The fossil site is usually closed on Sundays, but they had it open just for the girls.
There were many different stations set up, where they could learn about science, and other things. Girl Scouts came all the way from Knoxville and Chattanooga to be at the event.
Our very own meteorologist Kaitlin Penfold was there to talk to the girls, and to answer any question they had about broadcasting and meteorology.
We're told this is the seventh year this event has been held.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities