WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - If you're looking to add a four-legged family member this weekend could be a perfect opportunity.
The C.C. Porter Animal Shelter in Washington County, Virginia is holding a free adoption event Saturday.
Shelter Supervisor Kelly Tabor says the shelter will be open from ten until one.
The adoption fee will be waived but a $50 refundable sterilization fee will be charged for each adoption.
Tabor says there are dogs and cats that need a forever home and she says this event is about making people aware of those animals at the shelter. "People just need to realize that these animals they need homes they need love and they are great you couldn't ask for better dogs," she said.
Tabor also says there will be a local veterinarian on hand to give rabies shots from 10:00 until noon.
It cost $10 per animal.
- Police investigation into Newport News suspect ends in Smyth County
- Updated Greene County teen admits to murder
- Updated Public sessions begin Monday regarding MSHA/Wellmont merger
- Hot summer weather ruins crops in the region, benefits others
- Police identify person of interest in old General Mills building fire