JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A man is dead after Johnson City Police say he flipped his car several times, but police are still trying to figure out what led to the violent wreck.
William Joey Penix was announced dead at the scene when police arrived around 7 p.m. Thursday.
Police say they found his 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 pickup truck off of East Oakland Avenue.
At this time, police are unsure why he crashed but early investigations revealed it might be related to speeding.
The investigation continues to find out if Penix had drugs or alcohol in his system.
The wreck happened just four days after his birthday.
- New Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Updated Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Updated Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone