WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - With the Appalachian Fair going at full steam, traffic trying to get there may be slow going.
Construction along Interstate 26 around the Gray exit is cause for some concern for folks trying to get to the fair, but Washington County deputies say there are other ways to get there and they want drivers to pay attention to the signs on the way in.
"The construction area is a trouble spot for us, however there are two alternate routes at the construction site itself, which are all clearly marked." says Captain Mark Page of the Washington County Sheriff's Department.
He also says coming the back way by turning toward Daniel Boone High School and coming up Gray Station Road from that direction is one of the easier alternative routes.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities