WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - Evacuations are encouraged in Washington County, Virginia.
The Department of Emergency Management says the North Fork River is rising approximately two inches every 20 minutes.
The river was expected to be into the road by 11 o'clock Wednesday night.
Residents on North Fork River Road, between address 17165 and 19263, and those on any connector roads are encouraged to evacuate.
Also, residents on Tumbling Creek Road, between address 5176 and 5461, and any connector roads are also encouraged to evacuate.
Residents on South Main Street in Saltville between address 647 and 6272 in the McHenry's Creek area, and residents on any connector road or driveway are being encouraged to evacuate at this time.
If you are in need of temporary shelter, you can go to Pleasant View United Methodist Church on Lee Highway in Abingdon.
You're encouraged to bring any personal items you may need including medications. We're also told the facility has WiFi capability.
For any additional information, please call 276-525-4280.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone