EMORY, Va. - Students at Emory & Henry College are returning to their dorms after a power outage Tuesday evening.
The dean of Emory & Henry College says 94 students were displaced from three residence halls due to a power outage.
The power went out when a construction crew working on a performing arts center hit a transformer.
We're told students were evacuated as a safety precaution.
Washington County Emergency management was standing by to provide cots in buildings around campus.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect