EMORY, Va. - Students at Emory & Henry College are returning to their dorms after a power outage Tuesday evening.
The dean of Emory & Henry College says 94 students were displaced from three residence halls due to a power outage.
The power went out when a construction crew working on a performing arts center hit a transformer.
We're told students were evacuated as a safety precaution.
Washington County Emergency management was standing by to provide cots in buildings around campus.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin