EMORY, Va. - Emory and Henry College is making room for more improvements.
The college broke ground Friday afternoon for a $20 million visual and performing arts center, named for Woodrow W. McGlothlin.
We learned the building will consist of 40,000 square feet of space for theatres, dressing rooms, production areas and the college's radio station. "We are very excited to have this place where we can continue to grow as a community through art at Emory & Henry and become an even better liberal arts college with an even more fantastic art department," said Jessica Hughes, EHC freshman.
We're told the new building is expected to be finished no later than two years from now.
- New Previously missing Russell County woman found unharmed in Georgia
- Updated Authorities searching for missing Russell County woman
- Major decision expected Monday in relation to proposed Gray methadone clinic
- Updated One dead, one seriously injured in Smyth County hit-and-run
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims