DAMASCUS, Va. - An elderly woman is safe after escaping her burning home.
Her house which is about 100 years old caught fire in Damascus, Virginia Friday morning.
Four fire departments were called to battle the flames, but her house was engulfed and burned quickly.
Crews tell us the closest fire hydrant was about one mile away.. so they had to haul water in.
The cause remains under investigation.
- Updated ETSU student charged with intimidation for gorilla mask act at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- Updated Fire at old General Mills building now suspected as arson
- Updated Bays Mountain Dam turns 100 this year
- Updated Doctors more careful when prescribing antibiotics