WASHINGTON COUNTY, VA - Students at EB Stanley Middle School in Abingdon have been evacuated.
Superintendent Brian Ratliff tells us a heater had an electrical malfunction Friday morning that caused part of the building to fill with smoke.
Officials say no students were ever in danger.
The students were evacuated as a precaution
The smoke is gone and students will be allowed to go back to class once the smell clears from the building.
- Updated One dead, one seriously injured in Smyth County hit-and-run
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough