WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - Early voting begins Friday in Washington County, Tennessee for the August 7th general election and state primary.
Voting hours will be 9 to 5 Monday through Friday and 9 to noon Saturday. Voters have three locations to choose from. In Johnson City on Princeton Road, in Gray at the fire station, and at the courthouse in downtown Jonesborough.
Election Administrator Maybell Stewart tells us there's a rising trend of early voters these days. "I think they just want to go ahead and get it done just in case something comes up and they miss it on election day," she said. "People do get called out of town and we've had that happen and so it's a good idea to vote early and for one thing the lines are not as long."
Early voting runs through August 2.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect