JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - Donations for Washington County, Tennessee flood victims have been slow to come in from the community.
County mayor Dan Eldridge says it will take a major community response to help the victims of the August flash floods.
The county is using the United Way to collect donations and 100-percent of the money will go to the flood victims.
So far the mayor says they have only collected about a thousand dollars.
- New Another step in the $50 million BVU - Sunset deal
- Heavy machinery stolen in Washington County, Tenn.
- Man convicted in massive crack cocaine conspiracy in northeast Tennessee
- Updated Details released on capture of one escaped inmate from Hawkins County
- Updated Authorities search for violent, dangerous escaped inmate