WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - Heads up if you will be driving Interstate 26 through Johnson City this week -- delays are possible on several afternoons.
Construction will continue at Exit 13 to Gray. Tennessee Department of Transportation spokesperson Mark Nagi tells News 5 workers will be blasting Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Additionally, state police will conduct rolling roadblocks between 1:00 and 1:40 each afternoon.
The interchange expansion project is slated to cost $13.3 million and should be completed by September 2015.
- Updated Southwest Virginia man dies after being hit by car
- Hawkins EMS remains only service during feasibility study
- College students voice opinions on presidential debate
- Bristol, Tenn. household divided over presidential election
- Sale of the old mill property still planning to go through after fire