WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - Heads up if you will be driving Interstate 26 through Johnson City this week -- delays are possible on several afternoons.
Construction will continue at Exit 13 to Gray. Tennessee Department of Transportation spokesperson Mark Nagi tells News 5 workers will be blasting Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Additionally, state police will conduct rolling roadblocks between 1:00 and 1:40 each afternoon.
The interchange expansion project is slated to cost $13.3 million and should be completed by September 2015.
- Updated One dead, one seriously injured in Smyth County hit-and-run
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough