GRAY, Tenn. - Students at Daniel Boone High School got a reality check Friday morning before the school's senior prom.
Washington County Johnson City EMS, the Gray Volunteer Fire Department, and the Washington County Sheriff's Office helped students visualize what can happen from drinking and driving as part of Prom Promise.
Rescue crews simulated responding to a car accident, complete with extrication and a med flight response.
Daniel Boone teacher Crystal Fink says Prom Promise delivers an important message to teenagers. "It's all about choices and hopefully they are good choices. One decision can impact not only their life, but the lives of innocent people around them. It's not just a matter of one night of having fun. It will affect the rest of your life," said Fink.
Daniel Boone's senior prom is Saturday night.
- Updated Firefighters battle Scott County house fire
- GOP opens new campaign spot in Washington County Tennessee
- Johnson City hosts first Kidney Foundation charity walk in the region
- Virginia State Police investigate deadly motorcycle crash
- Blood drive honors recovering Volunteer Parkway shooting victim