JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - A stalled construction project inside one of the region's oldest courthouses is about to resume.
Washington County Commissioners approved spending $150,000 to complete the second floor renovations using a contractor.
Work has not progressed for more than eight months after several construction issues arose. The county was trying do to the project for $200,000 using inmate labor.
The vote Monday night will not involve inmate labor but instead contractor crews.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin