WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - $700,000. That's the amount paid by the insurance carrier for the Washington County, Tennessee Board of Education.
The payment was made in response to the school bus accident that happened last September.
We've learned that amount was paid to the court, which will use this money to administer to victims and their families based on claims.
The $700,000 amount represents the maximum monetary liability allowed by Tennessee law.
A motion has been filed to establish procedures for handling and administering present and future claims.
The hearing on that motion is scheduled for Feburary 20th.
- Updated UPDATE: ETSU issues statement on student intimidating Black Lives Matter protest
- Updated Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- New ETSU student charged with intimidation for gorilla mask act at Black Lives Matter protest
- Updated Buchanan County holds highest unemployment rate in Virginia
- Senators ask Justice Department to investigate EpiPen maker