WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - The Virginia Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control has 30 to 45 days to decide if Dollar General stores in Damascus and Jonesville can sell alcohol.
On Tuesday ABC board members met with Dollar General to discuss the issue.
Some people are not happy about it. In Damascus, nearby Laurel Avenue Church of Christ opposes the plan. The church says there are already enough places to buy beer and wine in the small Virginia town without adding another.
We'll continue to follow this story and will bring you the facts as we get them.
- Select children's tickets to be $10 for Cup Series events at Bristol Motor Speedway
- Public invited to give input on proposed hospital merger
- Mount Caramel police officer suspended on first day back to work
- Updated Voter registrars work to clarify restored voting rights
- Additional charges given to Sullivan County man charged with rape