GRAY, Tenn. - Hundreds of cadets came to Daniel Boone High School to participate in the region's largest drill competition.
28 teams came from Tennessee, Virginia, South Carolina, Alabama, Kentucky and North Carolina.
Each of the teams is part of high school ROTC organizations.
The competition featured drills performances by color guards, squads and platoons.
"All the schools are teaching their cadets the disciplines of working as a team and [are given] the opportunity to present their military skills that they have learned in close order precession drill in a variety of formats," said Steve Sessis, Senior Marine Instructor at Daniel Boone High School.
This was the 17th year of the regional competition.
- Updated One dead, one seriously injured in Smyth County hit-and-run
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough