WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - An ongoing dispute between sisters-in-law led to a shooting on Thursday.
Washington County, Tennessee detectives say the two women have had a history of disputes and vandalism over the past couple of weeks.
Officers found Kristin Cutshaw Bennett suffering a gunshot wound after being shot by Amanda Hartley on Berry Ridge Road.
Thursday night officers say Cutshaw threatened Hartley with a kitchen knife and Hartley then shot Cutshaw.
Cutshaw was taken to the hospital. Officers say she will be charged once she is released from the hospital.
Officers say right now the shooting appears to be justified.
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets