WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - An ongoing dispute between sisters-in-law led to a shooting on Thursday.
Washington County, Tennessee detectives say the two women have had a history of disputes and vandalism over the past couple of weeks.
Officers found Kristin Cutshaw Bennett suffering a gunshot wound after being shot by Amanda Hartley on Berry Ridge Road.
Thursday night officers say Cutshaw threatened Hartley with a kitchen knife and Hartley then shot Cutshaw.
Cutshaw was taken to the hospital. Officers say she will be charged once she is released from the hospital.
Officers say right now the shooting appears to be justified.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial