WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - A Washington County, Virginia woman is facing charges after deputies say her toddler ingested methamphetamine.
Sheriff Fred Newman says Kristina Pennington of Damascus is charged with one count of felony abuse and neglect of a child.
Deputies say a 3-year-old girl ingested some methamphetamine left on a plate at a Settler's Point Apartments residence on January 12, but Pennington never took her to a doctor.
Later that day, investigators say the child's father took her in for treatment because she was acting strangely.
Investigators say that's when they learned she had ingested the meth.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University