JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - The Washington County, Tennessee Sheriff's Office has identified a Jonesboro couple involved in an apparent murder-suicide.
Sheriff Ed Graybeal said the bodies of James and Amy Dennis were found in their house Friday afternoon.
Graybeal said it appears that James Dennis shot his wife, and then himself on Wednesday. When Amy Dennis did not show up for work, her co-workers called for help, according to Sheriff Ed Graybeal.
Both bodies have been taken to the ETSU Quillen College of Medicine for autopsy.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash