WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - (Released for publication) Deputies assigned to the SRO Unit of the Washington County Sheriff's Office arrested Charles W. Whitson, age 36, on the charge of aggravated assault after the SRO at David Crockett High School came in contact with the alleged juvenile victim.
The juvenile had signs of bruising around the neck and on the face consistent with an assault.
The alleged assault had occurred the previous evening at a residence in Telford.
Charles Whitson is currently being housed in the Washington County Detention Center on a $50,000.00 bond.
Arraignment is scheduled for Tuesday, September 2, 2014 at 9 a.m.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport