WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - A Jonesborough man is facing several felony charges, including attempted first degree murder after a shooting and home invasion.
According to the Washington County, Tennessee Sheriff's Office, Freddie Mitchell Lewis Assaulted Reed Allen Baker with a club Thursday night.
Baker was able to escape to a friend's house. Police tell us Lewis showed up at the house and shot the victim in the head with a shotgun. Lewis fled but moments later came back and shot Baker a second time.
Baker was flown to Johnson City Medical Center.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death