WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - A Jonesborough man is facing several felony charges, including attempted first degree murder after a shooting and home invasion.
According to the Washington County, Tennessee Sheriff's Office, Freddie Mitchell Lewis Assaulted Reed Allen Baker with a club Thursday night.
Baker was able to escape to a friend's house. Police tell us Lewis showed up at the house and shot the victim in the head with a shotgun. Lewis fled but moments later came back and shot Baker a second time.
Baker was flown to Johnson City Medical Center.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend