WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - A Jonesborough man is facing several felony charges, including attempted first degree murder after a shooting and home invasion.
According to the Washington County, Tennessee Sheriff's Office, Freddie Mitchell Lewis Assaulted Reed Allen Baker with a club Thursday night.
Baker was able to escape to a friend's house. Police tell us Lewis showed up at the house and shot the victim in the head with a shotgun. Lewis fled but moments later came back and shot Baker a second time.
Baker was flown to Johnson City Medical Center.
- New Bristol, Va. school system operating under tight budget; asking city for extra funds
- Appalachian Power inspecting 600,000 power poles for any structural damage
- More accidents expected as Mt. Carmel speed cameras expire
- Mount Carmel BMA considers town park expansion
- Bluff City speed cam offline in 2019