WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - The Washington County, Va. Board of Supervisors will discuss a resolution to prevent immigrant children from being relocated here. They meet Tuesday night at 6:30 p.m.
County Administrator Jason Berry has been working on the resolution since their last meeting on June 24.
We were at that meeting as Board of Supervisor's member Bill Gibson brought up the issue, following rumors the children may be relocated to Virginia Intermont College in Bristol, Va. Gibson acknowledged it's anyone's guess right now whether or not the children will come but he asked his fellow board members to act to keep the children out of our area. As a result, they decided to have Berry draft the resolution as a preemptive move.
You can take a look at the resolution up for discussion by clicking here.
- New Baby raccoons saved following Bristol storm
- New Department of Corrections holds law enforcement appreciation lunch
- New Severe weather traps residents in vehicles, hits homes
- New Hall of Famer's widow causes stir with memorabilia auction
- Updated Sextuplets thriving after delivery at Virginia hospital