WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - The Washington County, Tennessee United Way proudly announced the 2013 Fall Community Giving Campaign surpassed it's $1.7 Million goal by about $7,600.
The results of the campaign were announced at a news conference on Thursday morning.
The United Way of Washington County, Tennessee supports 17 different agencies that greatly depend on the United Way support.
Campaign Chairman Eric Horvath tells us: "It touches everybody's life no matter what you think. We have a friend, neighbor, loved one, co-worker, or someone we come in contact with daily by these agencies."
Everyone involved in the campaign made sure that the community knew in a visual way that the United Way reached its goal. They unveiled a big thank you outside the office.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane