WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - Washington County, Tennessee authorities say a man they wanted for aggravated domestic assault turned himself in Monday afternoon.
41-year-old Jerry Cummings was wanted after investigators say he was involved in two incidents happened Saturday night -- one in Johnson City, the other in Washington County. Authorities say Cummings is accused of pointing a gun at someone in each incident.
Police say they spotted Cummings Sunday morning in Gray, Tennessee, but he ran into the woods, leaving his car behind. The area was searched but police could not find him.
He was arrested after turning himself in at his home Monday.
- New Life Care agrees to pay $145 million for role in false claims to Medicare, TRICARE
- New Trial in Carter County begins for man accused of trying to kill deputy while in jail
- Third suspect in Nashville tourist's death arrested
- Virginia city may consider "In God We Trust" motto for its city hall
- Body discovered near Guest River Gorge