WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - Some people were rolling up their sleeves Tuesday to honor the victims of the Virginia Tech massacre.
The annual event is called 'Virginia Tech for life' and it will go until 7:00 Tuesaday evening at the Higher Education Center in Abingdon.
We're told about 115 people are expected to donate blood.
Some of the people on hand are Virginia Tech graduates who say they want to give back on this 6th anniversary of the shootings in Blacksburg.
"I encourage everyone to come out and give blood. It's the best feeling in the world to give back to the community and to give blood. It saves lives. It's truly a life saving experience," says Debbie Fleenor.
In addition to donating blood, people were also signing up to add their name to the marrow registry.
- Merger to encourage local investment and help insurance costs, health executives say
- Some Tri Cities residents seeing stacks of stink bugs
- Disc golf tournament bringing tourism to Johnson City
- Senior living community offers sensory gardens to help residents living with dementia
- Apple says its new watch has cellular connectivity problems