WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - Some people were rolling up their sleeves Tuesday to honor the victims of the Virginia Tech massacre.
The annual event is called 'Virginia Tech for life' and it will go until 7:00 Tuesaday evening at the Higher Education Center in Abingdon.
We're told about 115 people are expected to donate blood.
Some of the people on hand are Virginia Tech graduates who say they want to give back on this 6th anniversary of the shootings in Blacksburg.
"I encourage everyone to come out and give blood. It's the best feeling in the world to give back to the community and to give blood. It saves lives. It's truly a life saving experience," says Debbie Fleenor.
In addition to donating blood, people were also signing up to add their name to the marrow registry.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend