WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - Veterans spent Saturday looking for a big catch in South Fork River thanks to the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fishery.
It was part of the Annual Wounded Warrior Fishing Day.
Vietnam veteran James "Stretch" Mounts told us he caught 15 fish in less than two hours.
He said was great to catch all of those fish, but it was even better to spend time with those who served.
"It's great to see other veterans enjoying themselves and being able to be together and listening to things that they've done and programs we're in," said Mounts.
Virginia State Senator Bill Carrico and Delegate Israel O'Quinn served the veterans lunch. We're told the food was donated by the community.
- Sheriff: Social media rumors concerning Northwood High School being investigated
- Gone without a trace, Honaker man missing for a week
- Bogus Bills Bust: Washington County TN nab another counterfeit cash criminal
- Local healthcare leaders, educators discuss upcoming changes to Affordable Care Act
- For Weston: 'Feed the Fire' honors Kingsport boy's dream