Two men convicted of smuggling contraband into the Southwest Virginia Regional Jail in Abingdon have both received jail time following hearings in federal court.
Robert Lewis Jones, 25, of Lebanon, Virginia, who worked with jail guard Justin Andrew Brown to smuggle in tobacco, narcotics and nude photos of an inmate's girlfriend in 2015 pleaded guilty in August on corruption charges.
Jones received a year in prison while Brown was sentenced to 6 months in jail, according to court records.
- President Trump and family now land owners in Hawkins County
- Businesses in downtown Marion deck the windows for holiday contest
- UPDATE: Bristol, Tennessee man sentenced to 10 years for child sex crimes
- Sullivan County Highway Department has new tools to clear slippery roads
- UPDATE: Governor Haslam offers $5K reward for info on Bristol Walmart murder