Charges against a Washington County, Virginia man involving a fatal hit-and-run crash last summer have been bound over to a grand jury.
Douglas Pruitt, 53, of Meadowview, is charged with one count of involuntary manslaughter and two counts of failure to stop after an accident following the death of Laurie Puckett, 55, of Bristol, TN in the three-car crash.
Puckett's vehicle was struck from behind by Pruitt's Corvette on Highway 75 near Abingdon on Aug. 16, forcing Puckett's car to hit another vehicle head on. Puckett was pronounced dead at the scene. Police said Pruitt drove off after the crash then returned to the scene and left again.
- Weber City festival to help families with overwhelming medical bills
- Washington County commissioners reassuring citizens after drug treatment center opens
- UPDATE: Judge reverses decision in mother's conviction of Noah Thomas
- Judge weighs suit filed by former Subway pitchman's ex-wife
- Jonesborough post office undergoing transformation