CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - The Carter County Sheriff's Department has found a body in Watauga Lake. Sheriff Chris Mathes confirmed Wednesday night around 6:30 p.m. that it is missing 28-year-old Vonda Donaldson of Johnson City.
Captain Mike Street with the Johnson City police says Donaldson's boyfriend Steven Bennett is the only suspect in the case. Police say Bennett told family he choked Donaldson to death during an argument at her apartment Saturday night.
He's currently in jail on an unrelated parole violation.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death