CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - The Carter County Sheriff's Department has found a body in Watauga Lake. Sheriff Chris Mathes confirmed Wednesday night around 6:30 p.m. that it is missing 28-year-old Vonda Donaldson of Johnson City.
Captain Mike Street with the Johnson City police says Donaldson's boyfriend Steven Bennett is the only suspect in the case. Police say Bennett told family he choked Donaldson to death during an argument at her apartment Saturday night.
He's currently in jail on an unrelated parole violation.
- New Serial burglar guilty of costly raid at Simon Cowell's home
- New Pedestrian killed trying to cross interstate in Asheville
- Trial date set for Sullivan County man charged with child sex crimes
- Man sentenced after trying to bring meth to Lee County inmates
- Supreme Court may strike law barring sex offenders from social media