CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - The Carter County Sheriff's Department has found a body in Watauga Lake. Sheriff Chris Mathes confirmed Wednesday night around 6:30 p.m. that it is missing 28-year-old Vonda Donaldson of Johnson City.
Captain Mike Street with the Johnson City police says Donaldson's boyfriend Steven Bennett is the only suspect in the case. Police say Bennett told family he choked Donaldson to death during an argument at her apartment Saturday night.
He's currently in jail on an unrelated parole violation.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend