DAMASCUS, Va. - It's been a crazy week in Washington D.C. with three new scandals coming to the surface, one of those involving the taxman - the IRS is under fire after allegedly targeting conservative groups.
U.S. Senator Tim Kaine was in southwest Virginia this weekend while taking a break from the nation's capital. Senator Kaine spent some time at Trail Days in Damascus and then stopped at a music festival at Virginia Highlands Community College.
Senator Kaine thinks they need to take a larger broom to the Internal Revenue Service. "There's probably more people who need to be relieved of their post because the American public has to know there won't be any politics in the way taxes are assessed or collected," said Kaine.
Kaine also says he's happy President Obama made the decision to let go the acting director of the IRS.
- Updated Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire