DAMASCUS, Va. - It's been a crazy week in Washington D.C. with three new scandals coming to the surface, one of those involving the taxman - the IRS is under fire after allegedly targeting conservative groups.
U.S. Senator Tim Kaine was in southwest Virginia this weekend while taking a break from the nation's capital. Senator Kaine spent some time at Trail Days in Damascus and then stopped at a music festival at Virginia Highlands Community College.
Senator Kaine thinks they need to take a larger broom to the Internal Revenue Service. "There's probably more people who need to be relieved of their post because the American public has to know there won't be any politics in the way taxes are assessed or collected," said Kaine.
Kaine also says he's happy President Obama made the decision to let go the acting director of the IRS.
- Updated Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane