DAMASCUS, Va. - Two people from outside the area were charged after police say they found drugs and more than $10,000 in stolen items in their car.
Damascus Police pulled over 28-year-old Kia Kiapaye, from Georgia, and 18-year-old Brandon Wheeler, from Pennsylvania, for speeding.
Police tell us they searched the car and discovered 127 grams of cocaine, a small amount of marijuana, and $10,000 in merchandise taken from several states.
They are both charged with possession of cocaine, possession of marijuana, and possession of stolen property, along with other charges.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment