DAMASCUS, Va. - Two people from outside the area were charged after police say they found drugs and more than $10,000 in stolen items in their car.
Damascus Police pulled over 28-year-old Kia Kiapaye, from Georgia, and 18-year-old Brandon Wheeler, from Pennsylvania, for speeding.
Police tell us they searched the car and discovered 127 grams of cocaine, a small amount of marijuana, and $10,000 in merchandise taken from several states.
They are both charged with possession of cocaine, possession of marijuana, and possession of stolen property, along with other charges.
- New Caterpillar confirms plans to cut 80 jobs in Winston-Salem
- Updated Virginia outperforms most states on national science tests
- Updated Warm and dry weather this week causes higher fire danger
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway