WASHINGTON CO, Tenn. - Two people are behind bars tonight in connection to an investigation into two illegal dump sites in Washington County, Virginia.
29-year-old Brandon DeFriece and 22-year-old Nikki Griffin, both of Bristol, Tennessee, are charged with littering and felony disposal of waste tires.
Sheriff Fred Newman tells us illegal dump sites were found on Cleveland and Slaughter Roads. He says more than 3,000 tires were on the property.
The sheriff says the cleanup to the landowner was about 22-thousand dollars.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Person of interest identified in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Updated UPDATE: Former Bristol doctor receives probation on tax charges
- New Griffith, Kitts set for showdown in Virginia 9th District debate
- Arby's to sell venison sandwiches in 6 deer-hunting states