WASHINGTON CO, Tenn. - Two people are behind bars tonight in connection to an investigation into two illegal dump sites in Washington County, Virginia.
29-year-old Brandon DeFriece and 22-year-old Nikki Griffin, both of Bristol, Tennessee, are charged with littering and felony disposal of waste tires.
Sheriff Fred Newman tells us illegal dump sites were found on Cleveland and Slaughter Roads. He says more than 3,000 tires were on the property.
The sheriff says the cleanup to the landowner was about 22-thousand dollars.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane