WASHINGTON CO, Tenn. - Two people are behind bars tonight in connection to an investigation into two illegal dump sites in Washington County, Virginia.
29-year-old Brandon DeFriece and 22-year-old Nikki Griffin, both of Bristol, Tennessee, are charged with littering and felony disposal of waste tires.
Sheriff Fred Newman tells us illegal dump sites were found on Cleveland and Slaughter Roads. He says more than 3,000 tires were on the property.
The sheriff says the cleanup to the landowner was about 22-thousand dollars.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial