WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - Virginia state police are investigating a tractor trailer accident in Glade Spring, Virginia.
Trooper Maddox with Virginia State Police says a tractor trailer overturned on Route 91 at the Interstate 81 exit ramp.
It happened Sunday afternoon around 1:00.
The driver of the truck was injured and taken to Johnston Memorial Hospital, but is expected to be ok.
Police say speed is likely a factor in the crash and the driver was charged with reckless driving. The driver's name has not been released.
We've also learned the trailer was carrying avocados and crews will have to unload the trailer before it can be moved.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend