JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - The town of Jonesborough, Tenn. has bought the International Storytelling Center building.
Town mayor Kelly Wolfe said it's a win-win situation for both the town and the ISC. He said the building originally cost about $5 million to build. They bought it for $1 million.
The money the ISC pays to be in the building will cover their debt.
The board of mayor and aldermen are now talking about how to improve the building in the future. "We're going to devise a plan for some outdoor seating, some dining possibilities and event possibilities," Wolfe said.
They are soliciting proposals for the front gift shop area.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death