A Bristol, Tennessee man is behind bars in Washington County, Virginia accused of stabbing a teen at the Washington County Virginia Fair in Abingdon on Friday afternoon.
Christopher Edwards, 19, is charged with aggravated malicious wounding and misdemeanor assault, according to Major Byron Ashbrook of the Washington County Sheriff’s Office, who said there was a fight involving several people at the fairgrounds located off of Lee Highway.
He said the 17-year-old victim reportedly confronted Edwards, who then stabbed him.
Deputies and the chief of the Virginia Highlands Community College police broke the fight up and arrested Edwards.
He is being held without bond in the Southwest Virginia Regional Jail in Abingdon. He is expected in court next week.
The victim was taken to an Abingdon hospital for treatment.
- Police: Multiple officers injured after shooting in Georgia
- Science Hill parents react to news of former booster president stealing money
- Speedway in Lights illuminating the night sky for opening night
- Speedway in Lights: new light displays and old favorites
- Sullivan County breaks ground on new middle school; changes coming for Kingsport schools